Each year University Honors Program students win numerous awards, scholarships, and other recognitions. From becoming the youngest-ever student to graduate from the College of Engineering to being awarded the UC Davis University Medal, UHP students achieve great things through exceptional academics, research, and community service. Below are the stories of UHP's extraordinary students and graduates, and some of the faculty who continue helping UHP students succeed.
2018 University Honors Program Exceptional Graduates
- Emily Eijansantos received the 2018 University Medal for her outstanding community service, future contributions to society, and excellence in undergraduate studies
- Lara Sirovica received the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Dean's Circle Award for outstanding academics and community service
- Kelsey Klein was awarded the College of Biological Sciences Medal for her community service, research, and scholarship
- Bita Shahrvini was recognized with the Undergraduate of the Year and Ronald and Lydia Baskin Awards
- Alexandra Greb received the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
- Megan Haugland achieved 2nd place in the Norma J. Lang Prize for Undergraduate Information Research in the areas of Science, Engineering & Math
- Sammy Carey achieved 2nd place in the Norma J. Lang Prize for Undergraduate Information Research in the area of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences and Honorable mention for the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
- Shelbie Condie achieved 2nd place in the Norma J. Lang Prize for Undergraduate Information Research in the area of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
2018 University Honors Program Student Award Recipients
- Neha Mannikar, 2018 UHP Graduate: Student Community Service Award
- Shonit Sharma, 2018 UHP Graduate: Student Research and Innovation Award. Sharma was also named the student speaker at the College of Engineering commencement and received the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research.
- Andrew (Drew) Hanson, 2018 UHP Graduate: Student Leadership Award
Other 2018 UHP Student Accomplishments
- Joleen Cheah, UHP class of 2019, was awarded the prestigious Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Kausalya Raman, UHP class of 2020, was awarded the prestigious Donald A. Strauss Scholarship for community and public service projects. Raman founded the nonprofit organization English Kadhavu to develop and distribute English learning resources to schools in India where English has become a required language for most jobs and higher education.