University Honors Program Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals
- Inclusive Excellence
UHP facilitates student learning opportunities to amplify experiential knowledge and distinct histories; engage discourse and self-awareness; and reframe problems and solutions for a more equitable and just society.
UHP offers a small, liberal arts college setting that engages critical thinking, affective learning, and interpersonal expression to encourage transformational agency. Our community seeks individual and group awareness and the tools to critique and provide solutions to systemic issues. We believe that this constructive ethos embodies tomorrow’s leaders.
- Develop an expansion plan that considers transfer, on-campus admit, and traditional first-year students, encompassing all three program entry points.
- Provide a series of non-academic and experiential community building activities to further enrich the UC Davis honors experience.
- Develop a UHP advising handbook and a reporting and tracking system for program analytics informing early outreach to students meeting GPA of individual course challenges.
- Increase the number of UHP courses offered with emphasis on courses from new areas that challenge students to move out of their comfort zones.
- Increase the diversity of UHP faculty to help students gain confidence to engage and appreciate new ideas and points of view.
- Maintain strong program persistence with particular attention to specific transitions.
- Develop new strategies to recruit the strongest classes possible for Regents and UHP that reflects the diversity of the institution.
- Convene a regular meeting of current and past honors leadership, staff, faculty, and students to increase alumni outreach.