UHP Transfer Students
All incoming Regents Scholars are invited to join UHP, and a select group of transfer students with a GPA of 3.50 or above will be invited as well, based upon a holistic review process at the time of admissions. All invited students who wish to participate in UHP must accept their offer via MyAdmissions by the UC Davis SIR deadline for admitted Transfer Students.
UHP can be a great benefit to transfer students, providing a community of dedicated, high-achieving colleagues; access to faculty and a small, close-knit transfer seminar; and supportive counselors to guide students through their years as an Aggie. Students also receive priority registration and extended library privileges.
While participating in the University Honors Program earns students UHP transcript notation, to graduate with honors from UC Davis, students must complete their departmental honors program. These programs have various application and completion requirements, as well as deadlines. Transfer students interested in completing departmental honors are advised to contact their departmental offices as soon as possible to inquire about deadlines and requirements.
The UHP Transfer Curriculum
The UHP curriculum for transfer students is designed to introduce students to UC Davis resources and opportunities, while giving them the flexibility to pursue their academic and career interests. The first year Transfer students spend at Davis they participate in an introductory seminar in their first quarter and then can choose from a variety of opportunities for the remaining two quarters. The second year curriculum for UHP Transfer students is to complete the Signature Work that best fits their academic interests.
Transfer Year 1
- During Fall quarter all new transfer students will take the Understanding the Research University Transfer Seminar with Carolyn Thomas, Dean of Undergraduate Education
- Students will also complete one of the following UHP Year 3 options during both Winter and Spring quarters:
- The Research Preparation, Conduct, and Communication course
- An Honors Contract
- An Independently Designed Project
- Study Abroad
- UC Davis Washington Program
- The UHP Project Management Course
- Community Service
- The Center for Leadership learning (CLL):
Transfer Year 2
In their second year, Honors students will complete one of the following UHP Year 4 Signature Work options:
- Honors Thesis through the major department
- College of Engineering Senior Design Project
- UHP Thesis
- UHP Project
Transfer Student Testimonials