About the University Honors Program
The University Honors Program (UHP) at UC Davis provides students with an enriched undergraduate education through its interdisciplinary curriculum. Students work closely with distinguished faculty to create a vibrant community of scholars dedicated to pursuing academic excellence. UHP students are inspired to take intellectual risks, assume campus, community and global leadership roles, become agents of positive social change, and build and pursue inclusive excellence through critical and close partnerships with faculty, staff and their peers.
Through a small, liberal arts college setting, coupled with the resources and opportunities of a large world-class research university, we offer an enriched multidisciplinary undergraduate education that actively engages critical thinking, affective learning, and interpersonal expression. We encourage personal transformation agency through individual and group awareness, and an ability to critique and provide solutions to systemic issues. We believe that this constructive ethos embodies tomorrow’s leaders.
To do this, we offer:
- Honors residence halls to foster community with fellow UHPeers
- Small, interactive classes with selected Honors faculty
- Special opportunities to meet campus visitors including Nobel prize winners, political leaders, and best-selling authors
- Faculty mentorship support
- Dedicated Honors staff who support and guide you through your undergraduate career
- Honors-specific programming and events
- Priority class registration
- Honors transcript notation
- Graduate-level library privileges