Celebrating 50 Years of Honors
On October 11th and 12th, 2019, the University Honors Program had the distinct pleasure of recognizing the 50th anniversary of the Integrated Studies program that helped shape, along with the Davis Honors Challenge, the program we have today.
Friday evening, we hosted an alumni dinner reception with memorabilia, slide shows, and welcoming remarks from former Director Jim Shackelford, Provost Ralph Hexter, and one of our most recent alums, Julianne Cravotto.
Saturday morning, we hosted various tours held at our UHP partner venues: the Mondavi Center, the Manetti Shrem Museum of Art, the Coffee Lab, and the BioDesign Lab. Our concluding event, hosted by IS alum Pamela Wu, was a mixer lunch where IS, DHC, and UHP alums and their guests met with our current students. Chancellor Gary May also stopped by to give our keynote speech. Read more about the events.
Thanks to everyone who attended and to everyone who worked so hard to make it a weekend we’ll long remember! Please feel free to reach out anytime and stay in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn what Honors is up to with UC Davis Honors 50th Newsletter
- October 2019 - UHP 50th Anniversary Recap
- September 2019 - UHP Leadership: Promoting Tomorrow's Leaders
- August 2019 - UHP Highlight Reel: Another Year of Excellence
- June 2019 - Congratulations to the UHP Class of 2019!
- May 2019 - UHP Students Engage in Research and Creative Work to Change their Communities and the World
- April 2019 - Teaching and Learning in Honors: Across the Years and Across the Disciplines
- March 2019 - From Service-Learning to a Lifetime of Service
- November 2018 - 50 Years of Memories
- October 2018 - Something Old, Something New: Greetings from the University Honors Program
Learn what Honors is up to with our current news
Read about student life, students' awards and accomplishments, and teaching in Honors.
Are you a UC Davis alum who participated in UHP, Integrated Studies, or the Davis Honors Challenge?
If so, we would love to hear from you! Let us know about your awards and honors earned while at UC Davis, and what you’ve done since graduation?