Welcome to UHP!
This page serves as the information hub for first-year students participating in the University Honors Program. If you have any questions about your participation in the University Honors Program, email us at email@example.com.
Below you will find information that you will need to prepare for UC Davis Orientation, UHP Advising and selecting your UHP course.
- Orientation & Preparing for UHP Advising
- Complete Aggie 101 (beginning May 3) and begin Aggie Advising Canvas modules (beginning May 10). It is important to have a general overview of your degree requirements before you attend UHP's group advising webinar.
Aggie 101 Opens
Aggie Advising Canvas Modules Open
- Course Planning
- UHP students are required to take six UHP courses in the first six quarters, one course per quarter. You may view the fall course offerings here.
- UHP Advising Webinar
- UHP will be hosting a group advising presentation on Zoom on July 12, 2023, 3:00 PM PST.
- Selecting your UHP class
- You will receive an invitation to your UC Davis e-mail account on July 17, 2023 with information on completing a course selection survey prior to your College's registration Pass I time. It is important to submit your responses by the indicated deadline of July 24, 2023 at 8:00 AM PST to receive your assigned course prior to your Pass I registration time.
- Registration Time
Check Schedule Builder for your Pass I date and time. UHP's priority registration will begin in Fall quarter for Winter quarter registration.
Course Registration Begins (It is recommended to register during the first day of your registration window, at 8:00 a.m.)
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences August 1-2
College of Biological Sciences August 3-4
College of Letters and Science August 7-8 or August 9-10
College of Engineering August 11-12
Students with an earlier registration time are not advantaged in course registration over students with a later registration time. The university works with the academic colleges who reserve open spaces in courses and release a portion of open seats during each registration window to help create equality in course registration.
- UHP Registration Support
- Your UHP advisor will be available during your registration window if you experience any registration problems. Refer to the e-mail you received with your assigned UHP course for the Zoom link.
- As a UHP student you will reside in the UHP Living-Learning Community (LLC) in Currant Hall. For more information on housing dates and deadlines, visit their website. On the housing application, you will select no Living-Learning Community preference. UHP will provide a list of names to Housing to be grouped in our LLC.
Please note that there is a $250 reservation fee that is required along with the housing application and will take 24 hours to process before you can complete the housing application. It is important to keep this in mind when ensuring that you submit your housing application by the deadline. If you are unable to pay your reservation fee, there is a section on the Housing application that you can select that you need financial assistance. You will be prompted to enter a reason (i.e. part of EOP) and once approved the student is granted an offset and you are able to complete your application. In addition, if you were eligible for an SIR waiver, your housing application will let you know and will allow you to automatically bypass the payment screen.